Home - About Us
- Mr. P
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER(S)
- Adult Education Spring 2015 Schedule
- Fergus County Spelling Bee winners announced
- Local student named Montana National Geo State Bee semifinalist
- Garfield School receives $500 grant from ExxonMobil Educational Alliance
- Construction Academy doubles in size
- 2015 Summer Drivers Education Registration
May 2015 Election Fact Sheet
ELECTION FACT SHEET
There will be a mail ballot election ending on May 5, 2015 for voters in both the Lewistown Elementary School District and Fergus High School District.
General Fund Election:
- Due to a slightly declining enrollment and increased expenses, the Lewistown Elementary School District is facing a budget shortfall of approximately $100,000. Therefore, the District will be running a General Fund Election, which will increase taxes by $79,449.41 (approx. $8.61 on a home with a market value of $100,000).
- Law does not allow the Board to request an increase in General Funds for the High School District. Unfortunately, that District is still facing a budget shortfall of approximately $85,000.
Building Reserve Elections:
- 10 years ago, voters passed a Building Reserve Levy in both the High School and Elementary Districts requesting $98,000 per year for 10 years. These levies are expiring at the end of the 2015 school year.
- The District is requesting to “renew” both of these levies at $98,000 per year for an additional 10 years. A “yes” vote for the Building Reserve Levies will essentially mean that the District will be allowed to levy the same amount in taxes as they have been for the past 10 years. With this continuation, taxpayers should not see any change in taxes due to the passage of the Building Reserve Levies.
- The District has aging facilities that require upkeep and maintenance. Below are a list of projects that will need to be addressed in the near future:
- High School: Roof Replacement
- High School: Boiler Replacement (4 of the 5 boilers are beyond their expected life)
- High School: Heat Pump Replacement (20+ heat pumps exist)
- Elementary: Roof Replacement - Garfield, Highland Park, and Lewis and Clark
- Elementary: Boiler Replacement - Lincoln Building, Garfield, and Lewis & Clark boilers are beyond their expected life
- Elementary: Window Replacement - Junior High School
- Other unanticipated major repairs
Questions? Contact Jason Butcher, Superintendent or Rebekah Rhoades, Business Manager at 535-8777.