Home - About Us
- Lewis and Clark announces spelling bee participants and winners
- Third grade students were "Feelin' Good"
- Lewis and Clark students enjoy winter activities
- Garfield School receives $500 grant from ExxonMobil Educational Alliance
- Construction Academy doubles in size
- 2015 Summer Drivers Education Registration
- Fergus FCCLA chapter joins 'Together' during National FCCLA week
- Deadlines approach for scholarships
Jaden Schultz wins Lewistown Junior High Geo Bee
|Jaden Schultz holds his first place certificate from the 2015 Junior High School Geo Bee, next to contest facilitator, Krystal Ferguson. Photo by Christopher McConnell|
Article courtesy of the Lewistown NewsArgus, by Christopher McConnell. Published January 17, 2105.
Nineteen Lewistown Junior High school students vied to be the champion of the 2015 Geo Bee on Wednesday.
After several rounds of competition it was whittled down to two finalists. The question that determined the winner was: Norway is located on which European peninsula? Of the two finalists— Jaden Schultz and Wes Jameson—only Jaden Schultz answered correctly: The Scandinavian Peninsula.
Schultz said he didn’t do anything special to prepare for the competition other than studying maps for a few minutes. Krystal Ferguson, eighth grade social studies and art teacher, facilitated the Geo Bee and said Jaden will represent Lewistown and move on to the next phase. “Jaden will now take a written test and the top 100 picked will qualify for the state competition in April in Billings,” Ferguson said.